In a majority of organisations over 70% of storage capacity holds unstructured data, often spread over a multitude of network storage devices. Understanding this data and its relevance to the business is important in implementing a data management strategy and maintaining efficiency.
The SunGard Data Profiling service has been developed to provide clients with an insight into the Windows data they store, backup and recover. Identifying stale, redundant, potentially duplicate and non-business data can lead to measures to reduce storage requirements and time to backup and recover the data.
A Data Profiling exercise gives you:
- Expert knowledge from a specialist storage consultant with over 15 years experience
- A “big picture analysis” of actual data, systems, volumes and usage patterns
- Discussion on current backup policy and alignment with business recovery requirements
- A detailed report providing information of existing backup strategy, gaps and recommendations where current backup/recovery is ineffective or an alternative backup solution is sought
- Recommendations for efficient vaulting solution and best practice
- If aligned to Vaulting Services
- An approach to ensuring a quotation is tailored to your exact requirements
- Supporting information An original quote based on data quantity needs or refinement to meet the your budget allocation or specific need
What does it involve?
- The consultant will provide full instructions on the Data Profile Tool to be loaded:
- Mount CIFS fileshares (read-only) onto appliance server
- Consultant documents findings detailing:
- Top 10 file types by extension (Qty, capacity) per share
- Top 10 file types by extension (Qty, capacity) overall
- Quantity and size of files by Last Accessed Time
- Quantity and size of files by Last Modified Time
- Quantity of files with same name
- Report is accompanied by raw data files for your reference