The Board meets quarterly with representatives from SunGard’s senior management team and has real influence on the quality, direction and cost of SunGard services to ensure that they continue to meet all customers’ needs and expectations.
The Board’s charter is to:
- Represent the customer viewpoint on current and future SunGard policies, procedures and services;
- Act as a conduit to SunGard on general matters relating to business continuity arising from professional, governmental or regulatory requirements; and
- To gain and share insights on all matters which may affect their organisation’s approach to business continuity, operational risk and information availability.
Advisory Board meetings enable SunGard to obtain frank feedback on their plans, and provide the opportunity for the Board to voice concerns and comments brought to their attention in customer correspondence and contact. Additionally Board meetings are used to educate members on various shared aspects of business continuity (with information provided by individual customers from within or outside the Board, other suppliers to market, SunGard itself or professional and regulatory bodies).
The members of the Advisory Board are senior managers of companies spanning a range of industry sectors, geographic locations and technology usage within the SunGard customer base. They have varied responsibilities not confined solely to business continuity. This wide experience means the Board can effectively advise on the full range of existing and proposed product and service offerings.
These members are invited to serve for three years, retiring in rotation, but with the right to serve a further term by mutual agreement. At all times the aim is to maintain a diverse representation.
All members of the Advisory Board will be happy to be contacted with comments or suggestions concerning SunGard’s services or to offer practical advice.
Customer Advisory Board Members
- Chris Hubbard, Head of Business Continuity - Risk Management - Investec Bank PLC
- Charles Rothwell, Accenture
- John Fredrickson, IT Manager - United Health UK Ltd
- John Frost, Head of Business Continuity, Security and Shrinkage - Marks and Spencer PLC
- John Turner, Head of Service Delivery - BDO LLP
- Mark Hill, Head of Global Architecture & Engineering - ICAP plc
- Mario Pascoe, Head of Business Continuity - Centrica
- Steve Conway, Director of IT Infrastructure - Permal Investment Management Services Limited
- Steve Marwood, CSBC Business Manager - Deutsche Bank AG, Filiale London
- Richard McGrail, Head of Information Systems - Baillie Gifford & Co